NCMA posts job listings as a service to our members.
NCMA does not endorse or recommend employers, and a posting does not constitute an endorsement or recommendation.
Associate Director of Jewish Student Life
Rollins is the best college in Florida, but don't just take our word for it. See what the experts are saying. Explore all of the ways Rollins is top ranked—from our academic excellence and expert faculty to our unparalleled campus and one-of-a-kind study abroad opportunities.
For the 14th consecutive year, Rollins College has been named a “Great College to Work For”! Be a part of the Rollins experience and find a place where you belong. Ready to join us?
Our Service Excellence Philosophy:
At Rollins, we strive to be responsive, respectful, collaborative, competent, and inclusive in all that we do. Whether serving prospective or current students, alumni, local residents, or our fellow faculty and staff colleagues, these standards define the Rollins service experience. https://www.rollins.edu/service-excellence/index.html to learn more about our commitment to Service Excellence at Rollins College.
Benefits & Perks:
• 25 Days - Paid Time Off (vacation, sick and personal time)
• 10 Days - Paid Holidays
• 5 Days - Paid College Closure Days
• Eligible for Medical, Prescription, Dental & Vision Insurances (within 30 days of hire)
• 100% Employer-Funded Health Reimbursement Account ($125+/month)
• 100% Employer-Paid Short & Long Term Disability Insurance
• Domestic Partner Benefits
• 11.5% Employer Retirement Contributions
• Discounted On-Campus Dining Meal Plans
• FREE On-Campus Parking
• FREE Access to Campus Amenities (gyms, pools, library, sporting events and more)
• FREE Full Tuition for Employees and their Families
• Pet Insurance
• 100% Employer-Funded Employee Assistance Program
• Flexible Spending Accounts
• Award-Winning Wellbeing Programs: Blue Rewards, Rally Dollars, Hinge Health Musculoskeletal Coaching
• Plus More!
• Local & National Discount Programs, including Winter Park Locations (i.e. shops, restaurants, gift cards and more)
• FREE E-Training Courses & Professional Development Opportunities
• IT Software & Laptop Discounts (Apple, Lenovo, and more)
• College Bookstore Discounts
• Annual Service Awards & Recognition Programs
• Discover what it's like to live in Orlando: https://life.orlando.org/l/live/
• Plus More!
Rollins offers a competative salary. https://www.rollins.edu/human-resources/working-at-rollins/why-rollins/benefits.html.
Reporting to the Dean of Religious & Spiritual Life, the Associate Director of Jewish Student Life is responsible for growing and enhancing Jewish life at Rollins. This role cultivates a vibrant Jewish religious, cultural, educational, and social life on campus. This position guides students as they explore their diverse Jewish identities and journeys and provides students with the tools needed to create dynamic programming and student leadership opportunities. This role fosters relationships with local synagogues and other Jewish community organizations in support of Jewish life and promotes interfaith and cross-cultural understanding at Rollins.
This role cooperates with the Office of Admissions in recruiting Jewish students to Rollins and helps promote connections to alumni, donors, and external constituencies as appropriate. This position is grounded in support of student development with the goal of student success.
Primary Job Responsibilities
• Build strong relationships with Jewish students at Rollins. Engage students in a meaningful campus life with a wide variety of Jewish religious and cultural experiences.
• Craft an educational vision and strategy for Rollins Jewish student life. Create innovative opportunities for formal, informal, and experiential engagement for students with diverse backgrounds and interests and that span the spectrum from religious, spiritual, to secular.
• Support Jewish students, student organizations, and student leaders in developing religious, social, cultural, and community service programming.
• Work directly with the Rollins Hillel student organization to facilitate and support Jewish life activities, including serving as the organization advisor and mentor, and develop opportunities to advance the skills of the Hillel board.
• Recruit for student immersion journeys, including Alternative Student Break experiences.
• Serve as a visible campus connector and resource on matters related to Jewish life by working with offices within Student Affairs, the Jewish Studies Program and other campus partners to ensure students' needs are met.
• Develop welcoming and pluralistic religious and cultural opportunities through campus
programming, religious holidays, and Shabbat observances.
• Support the Office Religious & Spiritual Life's educational, religious, and spiritual offerings to promote programs that foster interfaith understanding and cooperation on campus. This includes cultivating and supporting diverse religious communities and interfaith opportunities.
• Advise/provide guidance to non-Jewish religious student clubs/groups as needed.
• Support students in response to discrimination and bias incidents.
• In consultation with the Dean of Religious & Spiritual Life, oversee the budget for Jewish life programming.
• Participate in various Student Affairs Divisional projects and committees.
• Be accessible, visible, and present for relevant College-wide events, attend staff/student-planned community activities, and educational events as appropriate.
• Work closely with the Admissions staff to help build and maintain a strong Jewish population at Rollins.
Minimum Qualifications & Education:
• Bachelor's Degree from a regionally accredited institution.
• Minimum of three(3) years of experience working with college students or youth in the areas of Jewish education, Israel, and/or community development.
• Masters degree.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Commitment and knowledge of pluralistic Jewish ideas, people, and practices.
• Passion for working directly with students, faculty, staff, volunteers from diverse dimensions of diversity and access.
• Ability to promote an inclusive and equitable working and learning environments for all students, faculty, staff, alumni, and other constituencies.
• Demonstrated ability to develop and sustain positive, collaborative, and collegial relationships.
• Commitment to interfaith relationships and dialogue.
• Ability to effectively mentor students and advise student groups.
• Excellent organizational and communication skills.
• Experience in administration, event planning, programming, fundraising, and community leadership.
• Knowledge, skill and proficiency in using a variety of computer software programs including Word, Excel, and various social media platforms.
• Campus-based position working in an office environment.
• Must be willing to work occasional nights and weekends.
Instructions to Applicants:
To apply, please submit an application and upload the following materials:
• Cover Letter
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until job is filled.
About the Department of Religious & Spiritual Life:
https://www.rollins.edu/religious-spiritual-life/hillel/index.html is affiliated with Hillel International. Hillel International enriches the lives of Jewish students so they may enrich the Jewish people and the world and envisions a world where every student is inspired to make an enduring commitment to Jewish life, learning and Israel.
https://www.rollins.edu/religious-spiritual-life/index.html to learn more about the Department of Religious & Spiritual Life at Rollins College!
Diversity & Inclusion at Rollins:
Rollins is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive campus community, and the College celebrates the open exchange of ideas within a climate of civility and mutual respect. We view differences—from race and ethnicity to sexual orientation and political perspectives—as rich opportunities for understanding, learning, and growth. To learn more, please click https://www.rollins.edu/about-rollins/diversity-inclusion/index.html.
Through its mission, Rollins College is firmly committed to creating a just community that embraces multiculturalism; persons from historically under-represented minority groups are therefore encouraged to apply. Rollins does not discriminate on the basis of sex, disability, race, age, religion, color, national or ethnic origin, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical characteristics, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law, in its educational programs and activities.
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/4288102
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.